11/08/10

The Road To (Outer) Nowhere (Space)

Chapter 7: The Heist

The Sun came through the window and hit his face... He woke up. Looked at the watch on the wall of the room: 10:30. On the table under e saw about three empty bottles of Jack Daniels. He looked to his left. Rachel was still fast asleep.

- Shit, what the fuck was I thinking.
- Good morning mister C.I.A. agent.
- Hi, good morning.
- Keep yourself in bed, I will go and jack up some breakfast.
- Just so I can live with myself, how the fuck did you get into my room yesterday?
- I work here, remember?
He couldn't hep but look at her body and think how hot she was. It had been a long time without touching a woman's skin.
Before he could realize it, they had eaten breakfast and Rachel had left, not before leaving her mobile number on the bedside table.
The days went by and he rested the most he could, spending most of the time in the suite and occasionally running in the hotel grounds. Rachel didn't appear again, he felt like phoning her but tried to resist. Wednesday revealed a hot sunny morning. He went out shopping for some clothes. At 5 o'clock he walked out of the suite, down the elevator and into the lobby. Rachel was on duty.
- Sonny!
He approached the counter.
- Hi, Rachel, how are you doing?
- You didn't call.
- I was quite busy these days. Listen John should be arriving anytime soon.
- Have you finished the investigation?
- Here at Calexico I am no longer needed. I have to go back to the headquarters.
- Will you call me anytime?
- Not going to happen, darling.
A tear ran through her nose and down her cheek. He stopped it just before it dropped.
- Listen, I am not what I appear to be. I am dull, wasted, and broken inside. You can find someone better.
He turned back and walked out, feeling sad. It had also been a long time that he had felt any type of deep feeling. But he could not sacrifice his plan for a woman. As he stepped out of the door he could hear her weeping.
He walked to MeXico's house listening to music with the Ipod.

He knocked at the door, MeXico oppened it.
- So, no cold feet hey?
- Lets just get this shit on with.
- Ok, so there is all your stuff, and here is mine.
- How nice you have cleaned this shit hole.
- Actually, I sold it.
- Yeah, I see. And where are you going after the heist?
- A don't know yet, how about you?
- Miami. So let's get to the details. Have you still got any jack lying around?
- Yeah, check in the pantry, and bring me a glass too.
When he brought the whiskey they drank it and planned the hours ahead.
On Thursday morning they dressed their suits, had some whiskey and hard bread for breakfast. After exiting the house, they stepped into the Grand with their briefcases. As they got to the crossroads, MeXico parked the Grand and left the keys in the ignition. They walked to the bank. In front of it the sign was flashing: Stars Bank.
- Stars bank, how fucking ironic.
- Can it, you know what to say and what to do?
- Yeah.
They walked in, he waited for his turn, stepped forward, looked at the camera right over his head, he was really standing in a blind spot. Took a glimpse at Paul, who was now making his maneuver.
- Hi, welcome to the Stars Bank, can I help you?
- Hi, well yes, I would like to know how much money there is in this briefcase.
- Sorry, what is your name?
- Dr. Conrad Albarn.
- Dr. Albarn, at this moment I cannot count your money, but if you leave the briefcase here, I will phone you as soon as it is counted.
By now the Smith & Wesson was pointed at the bank employee's forehead.
- Just stay calm, if you touch the panic button I will glue you brain tissue against the window behind you. Now, you are going to take the fake money out of the briefcase and start counting it, then, while it is being counted you are going to take all the money out the safe on your left and put it in this briefcase. After that you put the fake money in the safe and I will walk out of here. If by any chance you press the panic button after I have left dear miss. Clementine will have her brain taken out from her ear by my associate that has her captive. Is that clear?
- No, please don't do anything to my mother.
- Relax, an hour after I have left she will call you saying she fell asleep at home and will feel very dizzy, but completely unharmed.
- Ok... Ok.
The employee did everything he told him. He looked for MeXico, but he had already left the bank. After the employee gave him the briefcase, he confirmed it was real money.
- Good boy, thank you for your cooperation.
He tucked the revolver back into his suit pants and calmly walked out of the bank, leaving the employee in panic. As he got to the car, MeXico was calmly waiting, while smoking a cigarette.
- So?
- Let's get the fuck out of here.
Paul started the 4 liter engine and drove out of Calexico into the desert trails.
- Where to now?
- Well my strange friend, now he go to Las Vegas.
- Looks like someone wants’ to get their ass kicked at black jack.
He lit a Camel, laid back into the seat, pulled out the star, took a drag, held the star in his hand and thought about the future, and how he was going to get there. Paul raised the volume of the speakers:

Sem comentários: